TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Giaan RooneyA former darling of Australian Swimming, Giaan Rooney holds medals at every level of competition, including Olympic Gold. In 2006, Giaan retired from swimming to forge a successful career as an Australian TV presenter.
Giaan’s high profile broadcast involvement includes the 2018 Commonwealth Games, 2016 Rio Olympics, Australian Open, Australian Swimming Championships, co-anchor of Wide World of Sports, 2010 Winter Olympics and the 2012 London Olympics.
Giann is an Ambassador for CareSuper, Life Space Probiotics and PetStock National Adpotion Day. She is also an avid supporter of her chosen charities, the Nelune Foundation, Lort Smith Animal Hospital and the Sony Foundation.
When: Saturday 22 May, 1.00pm – 4.00pm | Where: Life Space stand: 42 – 45
It’s not just the pharmacy industry who will be spotted at APP2021 – this year’s attendees will be treated to guest appearances from several sporting legends.
Sally PearsonOlympic Gold Medallist and two-time World Champion hurdler, Sally Pearson has spent a career pushing her body to its limits. To make it as one of the world’s greatest hurdlers, Sally’s needed to be BodySmart. She learned to understand every part of her body and how it performs. She didn’t just use this knowledge to win medals, but also to overcome injuries.
Now, as part of the Nature’s Own BodySmart Team, Sally is bringing her wealth of body knowledge to help Australians become smarter about their bodies.
When: Friday 21 May & Saturday 22 May, 11.00am – 3.00pm | Where: Sanofi: 181 – 186
Guy LeechFormer Ironman World Champion, Guy Leech, has been a leader in the world of health and fitness for more than 35 years. But when his friend suffered sudden cardiac arrest in front of him in early 2016, Guy felt something he rarely experiences: powerlessness. Since that tragic day, Guy has been campaigning for public and easy access to defibrillators.
After learning first-hand that sudden cardiac arrest can strike anywhere and anytime, Guy has partnered with Stryker, world leader in the development of external defibrillators, to bring defibrillators to more Australian businesses and individuals through Heart180.
When: Friday 21 May, 9.30am – 5.00pm | Where: Pharmacy Platform stand: 152 & 153
Michael ClarkeFor many, Michael Clarke is best known as a sporting legend and the former Australian Cricket Captain – but for one little girl, he’s known simply as dad. It was an unforgettable experience as Clarkey and his family sat in the hospital’s emergency department due to his daughter’s first asthma attack.
Michael Clarke has since signed-up to be wheezo’s brand ambassador, to promote this game changing technology and to raise awareness about the importance of asthma management.
When: Saturday 22 May, 10.30am – 3.00pm | Where: Pharmacy Platform stand: 152 & 153
Simon BlackSimon Black has had one of the most distinguished careers in AFL history. In addition to winning both the Brownlow and the Norm Smith medals, Simon’s Brisbane Lions took home the AFL Premiership three times during his tenure at the club.These days, Simon is a high-performance coach who uses his knowledge and experience to help others be smarter with their bodies. That makes him the perfect addition to the Nature’s Own BodySmart Team.
When: Friday 21 May & Saturday 22 May, 11.00am – 3.00pm | Where: Sanofi stand: 181 – 186
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the ' I ♡ APP” Competition
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The promoter is the Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Queensland Branch ABN 87 076 197 623 of 132 Leichhardt Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000 (Promoter).
3. The Promotion will be open from 8.30am AEST on 24 November 2020 and will continue until midnight AEST on 20 December 2020 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years and over who have attended a previous APP Conference, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families (Eligible Entrants).
5. To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period: 1. Complete an entry form. 2. Outline in 25 words or less what they love about the Australian Pharmacy Professional Conference and Trade Exhibition (APP). 3. Upload a photo of a fond APP memory (optional) (Eligible Entry).
6. Only one entry per Eligible Entrant will be accepted, or two entries if a photo is uploaded (optional).
7. The competition will be judged by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s APP Events Team, who will determine the winning entry.
8. The winner will be awarded with a $250 voucher for The Star Gold Coast (Prize).
9. The winner of the Prize will be notified by email and phone by 5pm AEST on 21 December. The winner's details will be published on the APP2021 website and in the APP2021 eBulletin on 22 December.
10. The voucher will be sent to the winner via the post on 22 December.
11. The total Prize pool value is up to AUD $250.00.
12. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the winner.
13. The Promoter is not liable for any Prizes that are lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before they reach the winner.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter (and not at the time the entry is sent to the Promoter). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is also not responsible for technical difficulties with the mechanism that facilitates entry into the Promotion and does not warrant that that mechanism will be available at all times.
15. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, subject to State and Territory regulations.
16. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process will not be eligible to take part in the competition.
17. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. All Eligible Entrants:
(a) consent to the Promoter using and disclosing their personal information for any purpose in connection with the Promotion;
(b) consent to the use of his/her name, image and competition entry (including a photograph, if submitted) in any material, including promotional material (Material) in connection with the Promotion and without any compensation to the Eligible Entrant;
(c) agree that all right, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in the Material will automatically vest in the Promoter on its creation;
(d) unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials and agree to not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any such rights; and
20. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, but not limited to, direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
22. The Promoter's decisions in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion are final.
23. These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between you and the Promoter about its subject matter. Any previous understanding, agreement, representation, representation or warranty relating to that subject matter is replaced by this document and has no further effect.
For your chance to win a $250 voucher for The STAR Gold Coast, all you need to do is:
1. Complete the entry form below.
2. Tell us in 25 words or less, what do you love about APP ?
3. Upload a photo of a fond APP memory for an additional entry.
The winner of the I ♡ APP Competition will be drawn on 21 December 2020.
The winner of the prize will be notified by email and phone by 5pm AEST on 21 December 2020. The winner's details will also be published on the APP2021 website and in the APP2021 eBulletin on 22 December 2020.
Lastly, sign-up to the exclusive updates list for further details on how to win a full APP2021 registration including Street Party tickets.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SPONSOR & TRADE ENQUIRIES
Join the conversation #APP2021
Events Division - The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Queensland Branch
132 Leichhardt St, Spring Hill QLD 4000
07 3831 9246
07 3831 3788
© 2021 APP Conference. All Rights Reserved.
The 2021 Australian Pharmacy Professional Conference is proudly sponsored by: